Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The right stuff

So I'm becoming a real runner and do you know how I can tell I'm a real runner? I'm buying all the right stuff. For the last year I've been running in T-shirts, holey socks, sweat pants and whatever tennis shoes I had in my closet but things are changing. Recently I've purchased special running pants (that I LOVE,) running shirts (which I also LOVE,) socks (that surprisingly make a big difference,) and a few other things. The only thing I don't have is running underwear. I definitely think owning the right stuff is really important. I don't regret waiting a while to purchase them but I think they really help. I noticed a difference the first day I wore my new socks, pants, and shirt. I think it helps me go faster. :) So here are a few other things I've gotten.So I just bought new shoes. I went and actually got re sized and I'm a whole size bigger then I thought I was and I have a wide foot which I've always know. I bought some men's Brooks shoes and so far I love them. One day when I'm in an actual city with a running store I plan on going in and using one of those fancy machines they have that designs the perfect shoe for your foot.
My awesome friend Kimberley just bought me this Camelbak backpack for water. I haven't used it yet I plan on using it this Saturday for my 11 mile run, I'll tell you how I like it. I'm learning that once I run over an hour I really start needing water and even some kind of snack soooo...
Another friend of mine Lara gave me some of these sport beans that she uses on her long runs. I plan on using them this Saturday as well.

And again my friend Kimberley gave me these energy gels to try too (I told you she was awesome) So I plan on trying all this stuff on Sat and I'm excited about it.

So any of my running friends who are reading this if you have any good tips of things you use I would LOVE to hear them. Just post a comment or FB me and I'll try and get them up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment