Sunday, July 18, 2010

The day after my first 8 mile run

"Ouch!" And that about sums it all up for me. I hurt. Before yesterday the longest I ever ran was 6 miles. I was doing that about once a week maybe less. I knew jumping up to 8 miles would be hard but I didn't expect it to physically hurt so much. I hurt in all the right places though. My bum, the outsides of my thighs and even my arms are soar.

I stupidly wore my highest high heals to church today, because my husband says he like them so much, I'm such a succor. I just prayed the whole time I was there no one would notice me limping around in those giant heals.

I only have to run 3 miles tomorrow (I'm following a training schedule) but I have a feeling it is going to be a painful 3 miles.

I'm also still medicating myself with M&M's which is so stupid. It's almost like taking all my hard work and literally waisting it away with every handful of M&M's. And why do I even have them in the house? What a sick destructive thing to do to myself. I bought them for my little girl as "potty candy" she gets and M&M when she goes potty. But even I knew as I was buying the bag she wouldn't need that big of a bag. I was the only one who wanted that big of a bag. Sometimes I am my worst enemy. I sabotage myself.

1 comment: