Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another day another 5k

Today I ran in a very small race in Ethete Wyoming but I'm really getting to like small races because I have a chance at placing! I drove there with my good friends Kimberely and Lara early this morning. I was still soar from the 10 mile run Thursday and pretty worried about my time on this one. Once I saw the course; which was a straight run down the road then turn around, I thought ' Ugh,I want to go home.' I'm not sure if I said it out loud or not, I'd have to ask Kimberley. But it was hot already and all I could see from the starting line was a really big daunting hill and we were told there was another hill behind it. Yuck. It took me a few good minutes after we started to work the stiffness and soreness out of my legs but then I fell into a good rhythm. The hill wasn't as bad as it looked and I finished in 31 min 36 sec nearly one minute behind my firewise 5k time but there wasn't 2 big hills at the firewise 5k either so I was happy with it. I got 1st for my age division, not any where near first overall! I only have 3 months left in this age division and then I have to run against all those fast 30 year old women- they really are fast! So I started less then excited about the race but give me a trophy and I am a happy girl!

Here we all are. Lara got first in her age group 30-39, I think her time was 24 min (see I told you those 30 year olds are fast) Kimberley got 2nd in the same age division as Lara and her son Sage was the youngest runner and he did GREAT! What a stud he is. He got first in his age division too. We are just a bunch of winners!


And since I am just so tickled about it, this is my trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment