Monday, August 9, 2010

11 and 12 miles

So its been a while since I updated here. We just got back from a week long vacation. I actually ran my 12 miles while visiting family.

So briefly, 11 miles was HORRIBLE! I don't know what it was about that day but it was not easy. I had to go to the bathroom after mile 6 which always slows me down and messes everything up. After and during the run I wonder why on earth I am doing this and doubting my abilities. I felt really lousy when it was over and discouraged.

12 miles- not so bad. We were in Rexburg Idaho, which is actually where my hubby and I met and went to school, visiting my husband's brother and family. So i left at 5:45am from Sugar City, where his brother lives right next to Rexburg, with my camelbac backpack on and 8 ounces of Gatorade already in my tummy. I ran to Rexburg, a little over 2 miles, through town, up a monstrous hill-(7 blocks of up hill holy molly it was tough!) past the first apartment Lance and I lived in when we got married (ahhh) past the new beautiful Rexburg temple, down some new streets and houses that didn't exisist 10 years ago, past the apartment I lived in, past the apartment Lance lived in, past the stadium and other nostagic places and back to sugar city. 12 miles in 2 hours and 25 min. The last 2 were REALLY hard but I did it!!! It was fun running somewhere new and yet still familiar a little trip down memory lane. That is the longest run until my race. I"m still nervous and doubtful that I can do it but I have to think positively. I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment