Saturday, May 7, 2011

22 really long miles!!!!!

Before the 22 miles... feeling good and feeling excited. I was really ready to do this run and get it behind me. The after picture would have been a lot uglier! 22 is a long ways!
Oh my. That was hard! Things went awesome until about mile 11 and then it got really tough. I ran the first mile straight and then I ran 5 and walked 1 until mile 8 and I ran 4 walked 1. Maybe I should have started running 4 in the beginning, maybe I pushed myself too hard at first. The last 6 were really hard I could barely move my legs. By mile 16 my stomach was literally growling so maybe I should have eaten a power bar or something. So many maybe's I'm not sure what would have made this easier for me. I walked the last 2 miles and limped into the house nearly 5 long hours after I left. The time did include all my bathroom breaks including one to my house where I discovered my children were alone so I stayed until the babysitter returned so that did take longer then planned. Initially I wanted my marathon goal to be under 5 hours but I think its now under 6. Its a really long ways! I'm glad it is over :P

No comments:

Post a Comment