Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 5k

I was really hopeful with all the running I've been doing I wouldn't still be pregnant today. But alas, I woke up the morning still huge so why not run a 5k? I'm not gonna lie, it gets harder every week and I wasn't sure how much of this I could run. Some days I feel great some days I don't.Today I felt pretty good. Other then the obvious heavy weight in my abdomen and pressure down there I felt good I ran almost all of it. I had dreams of being like the woman who ran the Chicago marathon at 39 weeks then had her baby later that day, but no luck.

These are some of my running buddies.They crossed the line almost 20 minutes before me. I look forward to running races again when I can actually see them ahead of me most of race.


This is Karen, Lara, and I. We are all Weight Watchers employees. I was ahead of Karen most of the race but she caught up to me around mile 2. She could walk fast next to me while I "ran" and we went about the same pace! I walked a tiny bit with her during mile two but other then that I ran the whole thing. It took me 43 minutes. Not too shabby! Especially considering I am carrying probably an 8 lb baby!

The next race in town is the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I've got my eyes set on that baby! And I wont be pregnant I can guarantee it!! I do think it will feel awesome to run not pregnant but I'm also thinking its gonna be rough getting back into running shape. Still, I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment