Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lander Half marathon



Whew! This was a tough one! My friend Pam and I ran the Lander Half Marathon yesterday on the 4th of July. I'd never done this race and Pam had never run a half marathon. I convinced her she could keep up with the pregnant lady and we went for it! It had a lot of hills, a tough first half marathon but Pam did awesome!


Here we are at the start. Pretty fuzzy picture but fuzzy is better then no picture at all. Our goal was to start out slow, and that we did! By the time we had gone a few blocks we were dead last lol. But slowly, we started passing people along the way and we were far from last at the end. It went up for the first 6 miles and then down the rest which was very nice. Pam did great especially considering this was 4 miles longer then she had ever run before. I did pretty well. I was mostly worried about the one potty stop but it was just fine. It wasn't until the last mile and a half that my stomach really started to hurt. I hate to admit it out loud but I'm pretty sure I was having small contractions the last mile and a half and all through the parade after. I was so confident everything would be fine and the doctor supported me so much that I would have felt like a real idiot if something had gone wrong and if the contractions didn't stop. Thankfully by late after noon they were pretty much gone. That is the farthest I will run until this baby is born. I wasn't the only pregnant lady there, there were 2 others doing the half! I don't feel as crazy anymore!



And here I am crossing the finish line at 2:45:36. Not terrible. I ran the last half I did in 2:16 and the first in 2:36 so for a tough course and being pregnant I'm not sad about it.

Yay! We are so glad to be done!!

And after the race we all stayed for the race. So here we all are! Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment