Saturday, March 26, 2011

12 miles

This is me just getting back from my run. My son took the picture of me. I feel like I'm strapped down with so much equipment I could fly to the moon. I've got my camelbak back pack on to keep me hydrated, my ipod strapped to my arm which communicates with a chip in my shoe keeping track of my pace and how far I've run and under my shirt I'm wearing a belt around my ribs tracking my heart rate and communicates with my hr monitor watch which tracks my HR at all times and what zone I'm in. There was a time when running only required a good pair of shoes and sports bra. It seams that those times are gone although I still enjoy a gadget free run every now and then.
Well I did it, 12 miles, but that is all I did. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't easy, really it was a crappy run. I felt good the first hour but after that I was ready to be done. I walked for 1 minute a few times which helped. I stopped at the gym and used their restroom towards the end of the run and I very ungracefully finished the last 2 miles hating every step I took. I hope this is just a bad run and not going to become a common thing. After a run like this I doubt my ability to accomplish this whole marathon although I'm still as determined as ever.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you look hot!!! I can hardly believe it! I want to grow up to be like you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! And I totally second Amanda's comment!

    ReplyDelete