Saturday, July 30, 2011

Go Fremont County 2011 Triathalon


Well I did it people! I accomplished all the goals I set for myself for the summer BEFORE I knew I was pregnant. I certainty had every excuse in the book not to do it but I did! I ran a marathon, ran the Lander half marathon and completed a sprint triathlon. Its a good thing I did them in that order too because running is way too stinkin hard now! I'm just really grateful to accomplish this. Grateful to my family for supporting me and for a healthy body and pregnancy that allowed me to do this. Just a few years ago I could have never imagined myself doing ANY of these things.The triathlon was definitely my most favorite. It was fun, and I didn't feel like I was going to die like I did with the marathon. I might have to consider changing sports lol! So, above picture is taken before the race by my bike. I'm really excited.

This is Jenna and I before the race started. We've been training and worrying together for the past 4 months


The swim was really unique. It started at one end of the pool and you actually swam in every lane crossing under the lane ropes until you reached the other end of the pool and got out. Lance and kids showed up before my turn which made me really happy so he snapped a picture before I got in.

Here I am on the ramp 3 people from my turn. I was pretty nervous!!

Last lane, last lap! I think I rocked the swim. My time was 9 something (606 yards), I question the accuracy of that though it seems really fast. Several people in front of me struggled and had to stop and rest but I went right through without stopping it felt good.

Almost to the end!

And now I'm getting out. I think its hilarious how many pictures Lance took. I'm not even posting them all. He said he was worried about disappointing me. What a nice guy.

And now I'm walking to the bike. That's Eli's face in the corner.

Here I am coming in from the run. Lance didn't get any bike pictures. He said I was too fast and he didn't make it to the turn around point fast enough. He did pass me in the car so they cheered for me. I did the bike in under an hour which made me happy. I think it was 55 minutes (13 miles). I made it up Hill St without walking my bike which was FANTASTIC! The run was the worst, as I thought it would be.

The kids tackled me before I crossed the finish line so they got to cross with me which was fun! I ran it in 39 minutes which I'm trying really hard not to be disappointed in but is a pretty terrible time for me. My transition to the run took a minute. I was so excited I walked away from my spot without my visor or belly brace so I had to turn back around to get them and then I was flustered and it took a minute to get my brace on. I should have stopped and used the bathroom then but I didn't want to spend the time doing it so I kept going... mistake. This kid on my bladder was not forgiving at all! Luckily there was a bathroom at the half way point but that takes time ya know! The last half of the run felt a lot better bladder and wobbly leg wise.

Almost to the finish with the kids!


All done and so happy. You can see my brace under my shirt it is all cockeyed

This is my friend Lara. We've done a little training together and she is one of the organizers of the event. It was WAY FUN! I can't wait to do another one and I really hope I'm not pregnant next time! Overall I was really happy with my time. I wanted to be under 2 hours and I came in at 1:55 so that is perfect. Imagine if my running time weren't so horrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment