Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hospice 5k



I think I'm more proud of these last trimester runs then any other 5k's I've done. I wasn't sure if I was going to feel up to doing this one or not but the last week I've really felt fantastic! I hate to say it out loud but I might actually stand to stay pregnant a while longer since I've been feeling so well. Much better then the whole last month. My husband even remarked this morning, after he woke up at 430am to get ready for hunting, he said, "wow you were sleeping really good!" I was like I know! I only woke up once last night, I don't know what the deal is all I know is I better enjoy this while it last cause this baby will be here soon enough and I wont be getting any sleep.

So the 5k: it went great! I ran the whole way! I ran it 4 minutes faster then I did the 5k 2 weeks ago. I was being motivated by the walkers behind me that I could hear them the entire time! Dang fast walkers! I was afraid if I stopped to walk a minute they would pass me so I just kept going. Usually what stops me and makes me walk is the pulling I feel on my stomach muscles but they didn't hurt so bad today. So I ran it in 40 minutes 20 seconds. Which is like a 13 minute mile, yuck, but oh well. This was probably my last pregnancy race which is kind of sad. The fun thing about running pregnant is there is no pressure. Everyone is just so impressed that I'm out there I don't feel any pressure to go fast. Soon enough I will be trying to get back to my old times and pushing myself harder. I'm enjoying the laid back feeling.

So I napped today and tonight I'm off to our Zumbathon fund raiser with the other Zumba instructors in town. You would think with all this activity I'm doing eventually this baby would get the idea and come out! Probably not for a few more weeks though.

No comments:

Post a Comment